Oklahoma Water Resources Center

Frequently Asked Questions


Click on a question below to expand the answer.

  • Where do I get my water tested?
    • The Soil, Water, Forage Analytical Laboratory on the OSU campus tests water for irrigation, livestock, and other general uses; SWFAL is not certified for drinking water tests.
    • Visit www.soiltesting.okstate.edu  for more information. Contact your county Extension office for water sampling bottles, sampling instructions, and other information.
    • If you are testing your well for the first time or you have concerns about bacteria, pathogens, or general drinking water quality, you will want to find an ODEQ-accredited water testing lab. You may contact the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality at 405-702-0100, 800-522-0206, and www.deq.state.ok.us.
  • I have a problem with my pond. What do I do?
    • Depending on the issue and urgency, you may want to visit our Ponds page where you will find a vast compilation of resources including articles, videos, fact sheets, etc. concerning weed and algae control, fish management, dam maintenance, and more. Be sure to explore the resources in the right-hand navigation menu of that page.
    • You may also contact your county Extension office for guidance from your county educator.
  • What resources do you have for K-12 educators?
  • How do I get a well-drilling permit?
  • How do I find an expert in a particular field?
    • The Water Center is composed of more than 80 participating faculty members with water expertise within the Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources who have research interests in plants, soils, and ecosystems; water conservation; land use and water quality; and economics and policy. Get in touch with one of our experts or contact the Water Center and we'll connect you.
  • How do I contact the Water Center?
    • Get in touch with us via phone, e-mail, snail mail, or fax. See how to connect with us here. As a bonus, you're also just a few clicks away from contacting any of our experts. So, let us hear from you!
  • I have a question not included here. How do I find an answer?
    • You can enter a keyword in the search box at the bottom of the left-hand navigation menu to search for an answer.
    • You can call or email the Water Center.

return to top

Document Actions