Oklahoma Water Resources Center
About the Conference:
Pre-Registration for Student Water Conference 2017: Jordan and Abigail talk about the great activities open to registrants of the Student Water Conference.
Registration is free and grants access to all the events of the Student Water Conference. Register on-site Thursday, 8 AM.
The conference consists entirely of student presentations to be judged by a panel of faculty members for providing constructive feedback to students in regard to their research presentation skills. Student activities promote interaction among students of all disciplines. The conference includes two major lectures from outside speakers. All SWC presentations will take place in the French Lounge, room 270 of the Student Union, March 23 and 24.
Please visit our Student Water Conference information page for guidelines, registration, directions, and additional information.
Schedule of Events:
Student Water Conference: 3/23-24
Leading up to the conference, join in the activities and help us celebrate World Water Day on March 22.
- 8:30-9:30 Seminar
- 9:45-10:15 Wastewater/Produced Water Presentation
- 10:45-11:45 On-site Wastewater Treatment Training Facility at the Botanic Garden at OSU and tour of OSU's Swine Lagoon. Request a carpool spot here.
- 1:00-2:00 City of Stillwater Wastewater Facilities Tour
- 2:30-4:30 Water Expo
- 5:30-7:30 Welcome Social for SWC registrants.
- 8:00 On-Site Registration
- 8:15-8:30 Welcome
- 8:30-9:30 Student Presentations: Irrigation Session
- 9:30-10:00 Professional Development, Dr. Scott Stoodley
- 10:15-11:30 Student Presentations: Water Quality Session
- 1:00-1:30 Professional Development, Amy Gazaway
- 1:45-3:00 Student Presentations: Irrigation Session
- 3:15-4:30 Student Presentations: Water Resources Session
- 4:30-5:30 Poster Session
- 5:30 SWC activity and BBQ
- 8:00-8:15 Welcome
- 8:15-9:45 Student Presentations: Water Quality Session
- 10:00-10:30 Invited Speaker, Dr. Robert Nairn
- 10:30-11:30 Poster Session
- 1:00-1:30 An Historic Water Agreement
- 1:30-2:00 Produced Water Working Group Panel
- 2:45-4:30 Meet-n-Greet with Water Agencies and Organizations
- 4:30-5:00 Awards Ceremony
2017 Student Water Conference Participants: Colorado Project Spotlight (by Emily E. Horton, Communications Student Worker, 3/22/2017)
2017 Student Water Conference Participants: Newcomer from New Mexico (by Emily E. Horton, Communications Student Worker, 3/17/2017)
Student Water Conference Accomplished Participants: Research and Reflections of a Winning Presenter (by Emily E. Horton, Communications Student Worker, 3/13/2017)
Student Water Conference Accomplished Participants: Thoughts from a Former ‘Outstanding Graduate Oral Presentation’ Winner (by Emily E. Horton, Communications Student Worker, 3/10//2017)
Student Water Conference Accomplished Participants: Words from a Winning Presenter (by Emily E. Horton, Communications Student Worker, 2/21/2017)
Student Water Conference Accomplished Participants: A Biosystems and Agriculture Engineering Major’s Experience (by Emily E. Horton, Communications Student Worker, 2/21/2017)
Be in the Know:
For the latest on all these events, follow us on Twitter. @okstatewater #OKStateWaterWeek