Random Image

You are here: Home / Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Click on a question below to expand the answer.

  • Where do I get my water tested?
    • The Soil, Water, Forage Analytical Laboratory on the OSU campus tests water for irrigation, livestock, and other general uses; SWFAL is not certified for drinking water tests.
    • Visit www.soiltesting.okstate.edu for more information. Contact your county Extension office for water sampling bottles, sampling instructions, and other information.
    • If you are testing your well for the first time or you have concerns about bacteria, pathogens, or general drinking water quality, you will want to find an ODEQ-accredited water testing lab. You may contact the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality at 405-702-0100, 800-522-0206, and www.deq.state.ok.us.
  • I have a problem with my pond. What do I do?
    • We have pages designed to connect you with information quickly. Click on the word that best describes your pond's primary purpose and be connected to educational videos, Extension fact sheets, and informative articles: retention, recreation, or livestock use.
    • You may also contact your county Extension office for guidance from your county educator.
  • What resources do you have for K-12 educators?
    • Training up the next generation? That's fantastic! We're glad you found us!
    • Be sure to visit our library for a diverse selection of media on various topics. These pages may also be of interest:
    • - OSU Programs & Services page
    • - 4H2O: Youth Water Education Resources
    • - Water Fairs
  • How do I get a well-drilling permit?
  • How do I find an expert in a particular field?
    • The Water Center is composed of more than 80 participating faculty members with water expertise within the Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources who have research interests in plants, soils, and ecosystems; water conservation; land use and water quality; and economics and policy. Get in touch with one of our experts or contact the Water Center and we'll connect you.
  • How do I contact the Water Center?
    • Get in touch with us via phone, e-mail, snail mail, or fax. See how to connect with us here. As a bonus, you're also just a few clicks away from contacting any of our experts. So, let us hear from you!
  • I have a question not included here. How do I find an answer?
    • You can enter a keyword in the search box at the bottom of the left-hand navigation menu to search for an answer.
    • You can call or email the Water Center.