Frequently Asked Questions
Below are a few of the frequently asked questions for the Water Center.
- Where do I get my water tested?
The Soil, Water and Forage Analytical Laboratory (SWFAL) on the OSU campus tests water for irrigation, livestock and other general uses. SWFAL is not certified for drinking water tests.
Contact your county Extension office for water sampling bottles, sampling instructions and other information.
If you are testing your well for the first time or you have concerns about bacteria, pathogens or general drinking water quality, you will want to find an Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality (ODEQ)-accredited water testing lab. You may contact the ODEQ at (405) 702-0100, (800) 522-0206, and deq.ok.gov
- I have a problem with my pond. What do I do?
We have pages designed to connect you with information quickly. Click on the word that best describes your pond's primary purpose and be connected to educational videos, Extension fact sheets, and informative articles: retention, recreation, or livestock use.
You may also contact your county Extension office for guidance from your county educator.
- What resources do you have for K-12 educators?
- How do I get a well-drilling permit?The Oklahoma Water Resources Board handles all permitting for the state of Oklahoma. Get in touch with the OWRB.
- How do I find an expert in a particular field?Contact us via phone, email or mail with your questions. You may also contact any OSU water experts by subject area.
- I have a question not included here. How do I find an answer?You can enter a keyword(s) in the search box at the top right of our website and search for your answer.