Frequently Asked Questions
Below are a few of the frequently asked questions for the Water Center
- Where do I get my water tested?
The Soil, Water, Forage Analytical Laboratory on the OSU campus tests water for irrigation, livestock, and other general uses; SWFAL is not certified for drinking water tests.
Visit www.soiltesting.okstate.edu for more information. Contact your county Extension office for water sampling bottles, sampling instructions, and other information.
If you are testing your well for the first time or you have concerns about bacteria, pathogens, or general drinking water quality, you will want to find an ODEQ-accredited water testing lab. You may contact the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality at (405) 702-0100, (800) 522-0206, and www.deq.state.ok.us
- I have a problem with my pond. What do I do?
We have pages designed to connect you with information quickly. Click on the word that best describes your pond's primary purpose and be connected to educational videos, Extension fact sheets, and informative articles: retention, recreation, or livestock use.
You may also contact your county Extension office for guidance from your county educator.
- What resources do you have for K-12 educators?
Training up the next generation? That's fantastic! We're glad you found us!
Be sure to visit our library for a diverse selection of media on various topics. The OSU Programs and Services page may also be of interest to you.
- How do I get a well-drilling permit?The Oklahoma Water Resources Board handles all permitting for the state of Oklahoma. Get in touch with the OWRB.
- How do I find an expert in a particular field?Contact us via phone, email or by mail. You may also search our experts page. See how to connect with us here. As a bonus, you're also just a few clicks away from contacting any of our experts. So, let us hear from you!
- I have a question not included here. How do I find an answer?You can enter a keyword in the search box at the top right of the page and search for your answer.