- Student Communications Intern
Student Communications Intern Full Job Description
Join the Oklahoma Water Resources Center! Although headquartered at OSU, OWRC serves the entire state of Oklahoma to achieve high levels of water quality and sustainable use of our region’s water through integrated programs of research, education, training, and technology assistance.
An OWRC Communications Intern will receive a wide variety of experiences in communications and marketing.
Responsibilities may include:
- Create social media content for research dissemination and Extension event promotion
- Maintain a social media calendar and plan social media campaign specific to each platform
- Record and analyze social media analytics to determine return on investment (ROI)
- Write press releases, editorial news articles, webpage content and email newsletter updates
- Create professional deliverables including social media, web graphics and annual research reports
- Gather and record b-roll and edit video content
- Provide photography support
- Assist with various office duties as needed
- Attend planning meetings with stakeholders
- Awareness of social media platform tools and current practices
- Experience with AP style editorial style writing
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro and Canva
- Strong editorial and verbal communication skills, including interviewing skills
- Ability to work independently and willingness to be a team player
- Willingness to learn from others and gain knowledge about water resources
We will work with the chosen candidate to customize their responsibilities and tailor them to their strengths and interests.
All applicants need to submit a cover letter, resume, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Samples may include social media posts, graphic design projects, writing samples in AP style, photography, video samples, etc.
Work 10-20 hours per week with a flexible schedule – pay rate is $10/hr.
Position will be evaluated at the end of each school year but can continue for the duration of the student’s time at OSU if mutually agreed upon by the intern and employer.