Dam Analysis Modernization of Tools, Applications, Guidance and Standardization
A new collaborative research effort between the Oklahoma State University-OWRC, USDA-Agricultural Research Services (ARS) and the USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) to develop engineering tools, design guidance documents, and computational software and applications for monitoring, inspecting and rehabilitation of aging dams.
- writing and revising guidance documents,
- developing a cloud-based database network within the ARS Agricultural Collaborative Research Outcomes System (AgCROS) for reservoir and levee monitoring,
- developing an application programming interface (API) that can be used to transfer data collected through this project to collaborators and stakeholders (in coordination with the ARS Partnerships for Data Innovations, PDI, team),
- establishing the framework for a dam monitoring network including software development for data collection, management, and transfer (in coordination with the ARS PDI team),
- developing GIS based tools for dam monitoring and inspection (in collaboration with the ARS PDI team),
- developing and delivering training curriculum in various formats (e.g. webinars, workshops, hands-on learning, videos, field demonstration days),
- developing a decision support informatics platform to facilitate communications between
researchers and stakeholders (in collaboration with the ARS PDI team), and
managing information and training request workflows as they are received by outside parties.
- USDA-Agricultural Research Services (ARS)
- USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)